China Student Visa – Student visas (X) are for the purpose of study, advanced study or internship for a period of more than 6 months. It is not intended to be used for business meetings or other business purposes. U.S. Citizens will be issued a 5 year visa that can be used for multiple entries. The duration of each stay should not exceed 60 days per visit. If you are of Chinese lineage or hold a China permanent resident card and plan to visit family you must apply for a Q1 or Q2 visa.Start Your Application Now
Process of obtaining China Student Visa in 3 easy steps
1. Review application requirements and prepare all necessary documents.
2. Start and complete online application.
3. Send us all needed documents. You will be provided all instructions during application process.
China Student Visa Requirements
- Complete the application online and print it out. For items that do not pertain to you, place N/A in the space. Print out the application. Each page of the application must be printed on individual sheets of paper. Application cannot be printed front and back. Ensure you sign the application on page 4.
- The original and a photocopy of the school admission letter. The original letter will be returned once your visa has been issued.
- Provide the original and a copy of form JW201 or JW202. This form will be provided to you from your learning institution. The original document will be returned once your visa has been issued.
- Submit a current passport photograph. Must be in color and with a white background. Photo cannot be more than 3 months old. The photo must also be 2 in. by 2 in. and on photography paper. Do not staple photo to the application.
- Copy of your valid drivers license or state issued identification card.
- Confirmed travel plans are required. Itineraries are not accepted. Confirmation must show the name of each traveler. Your travel plans must show your entrance into China and your exit from China. If you are flying into Hong Kong you must write a statement, on a separate sheet of paper outlining how you plan to enter and exit mainland China and affix your signature to the document. The statement should be addressed to: The Consulate General of the Peoples Republic of China.
Previous Republic of China Citizens: If you previously held Chinese citizenship and this is your first time applying for a China visa with your U.S. Passport – it is mandatory that you provide your original Chinese passport at the time of your visa application. The China Consulate will cancel your Chinese passport and it will be returned to you with your visa.
** Please note: All X Visa holders must apply for a residence permit at the local public security authorities within 30 days of entry into China. **Start Your Application Now
Minor travelers must supply all the items listed above and the following:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of both parents passports. If parents do not hold a passport they must write a statement, addressed to: The Consulate General of the Peoples Republic of China stating that fact and sign.
- Copy of both parents drivers license** If one parent has sole custody, copies of legal documentation must be presented and if one parent is deceased a copy of death certificate must be provided. **
Non-US Citizens visa validity will be issued based on the number of entries requested in section 2.2 of the application.
Non-US Citizens must provide all the items listed above and the following:
- Copy of U.S. visa if not contained within the passport or
- Copy of Permanent Resident Card
- Completed Supplementary form For items that do not pertain to you, place N/A in the space.